Monday, September 3, 2012

Alice's Tea Cup Cookbook

I love Alice's Tea Cup's pumpkin scones and have often wished I had the recipe. Apparently I wasn't alone, because recently Alice's released a cookbook including most of their most popular recipes. I was so excited I bought it right away.

Unfortunately after using it, I have mixed feelings about this cookbook (as I explain in depth in my post about the mocha chocolate chip cake). It is a good cookbook but this recipe, and others from the look of things, aren't quite right. That's not to say they aren't good, they just have little glitches. However, as far as I know, you can't get their pumpkin scone recipe (glitchy or not) anywhere else, so it's worth it just for that!

I made their Vanilla Scones, their lemon poppy seed scones, and their earl grey scones (well technically they are meant to be lavender earl grey, but I only had the normal stuff.) I've made other scones and have them come out perfectly, so I don't think that the reason the latter two came out too flat and tough (and had dough that was far too damp) was my fault. The vanilla scones came out quite well though.

Don't know Alice's Tea Cup? Check out my review of the restaurant here.

No comments:

Post a Comment